Buy Amazon stock...I am making them rich!
I haven't been doing much reading lately. Well, I should clarify I haven't been doing much *book* reading lately. I feel like I have been glued to my computer over the last three months, only coming up for air for an event here and there as there is so much going on, and a million little projects I need to complete before year end. So my reading as of late has been solely that of the blogs I like to read (to help keep me 'in the know'). But honestly, most of it is starting to sound the same (sorry guys) so I have been backing away from that medium too in dire need of something 'meatier' - well, actually - I should say in dire need of something 'different'.
Enter: the paperback book. Or 'books' I should say. Time to make some quiet 'Kristie time' to engage the brain differently and allow the eyeballs to be glued to something other than the light of my PC screen.
So I went on to Amazon today and bought a good assortment of books. 12 to be exact. Some are silly, others are books that were recommended by someone I think the world of, and the rest just sounded interesting so I figured I would give them a whirl.
Want to know what I spent my allowance on? Here you go:
- Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln -
- The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
- PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives - Frank Warren
- Thunderstruck - Erik Larson
- The Mr. & Mrs. Happy Handbook: Everything I Know About Love and Marriage (with corrections by Mrs. Doocy) - Steve Doocy
- The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game - Michael Lewis
- The Secret - Rhonda Byrne
- The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream - Barack Obama
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - Maya Angelou
- Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
- Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Technorati tags: book books reading amazon lovetoread nomoreblogs